Fitness Manager - Nanaimo
SNFC is hiring a fitness enthusiast and natural leader, aka Fitness Manager, to oversee our Steve Nash Nanaimo Fitness World club. The FM ensures that the personal training team delivers a best in class fitness experience to our members. To achieve this the FM is responsible for communicating, leading by example and upholding company expectations and standards. Hiring, coaching, developing and retaining a strong team of personal trainers. The successful attainment of personal training and supplement revenue targets.
- Recruit, hire and retain an engaged, high performing and professional personal training team that aligns with our core values, mission, vision and service standards.
- Train, coach and develop team members, facilitate ongoing business planning, scheduling, recognizing performance (good and poor) and disciplinary action as required.
- Ensure the personal training team delivers customized and high-quality programs to clients, including assessments, client files, workout/nutrition programs, progress tracking, etc.
- Inspire and motivate personal trainers to achieve and be accountable to their personal and professional goals.
- Direct selling of personal training and achievement of personal monthly sales targets.
- Increase personal trainer profitability and revenue through personal training and supplement sales, sessions serviced, labour management, etc.
- Conducts personal training sessions as required.
- Maintain and regularly post, like and share social media content on the clubs and your personal channels.
- Participate in community events and promotions.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Completion of High School
- CPR/First Aid Certification (within 30 days from time of hire)
- Personal Training Certification (if not, we’ll assist you with this!)
- Physically able to perform the position
- Able to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels within the company.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Team player with a positive approach and able to coach and motivate others.
- Active and a strong social media presence.
- 1,500 + team members, serving 100,000 + members across 26 locations and growing
- Competitive compensation
- Exciting contests and rewards outside of base pay (vacations, prizes, BBQ’s & more)
- Exclusive internal education program, including extensive training and development in service, science and sales, continued education credits and national certifications
- Advancement opportunities towards five levels for personal trainers, including master trainer
- Leadership opportunities towards assistant manager, fitness manager and district manager
- Complimentary gym membership and discounted personal training
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits plan
- Retail discounts with New Balance, Nike and many more