Licensing Operations - Media - Acct. Manager - Licensing
POSITION TITLE: Account Manager – Media
REPORTS TO: Manager, Media
LOCATION: Toronto / Montreal
LANGUAGE: English/French (Bilingual)
Your role as an Account Manager in the Licensing Department will involve handling a portfolio consisting of radio stations, cable companies, and other media related companies. You will be responsible for the reduction of accounts receivable in accordance with company policies and procedures. Communicating with media licensees for all on-going issues and queries including analysis of incoming reports for discrepancies. You will also be responsible for meeting assigned revenue targets and providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain and update internal licensed customer accounts, including monitoring entry of all invoices/data reports received into EPICOR system.
- Respond to queries (email/phone) from licensees and document all such communication into EPICOR system.
- Review, analyze, and prioritize monthly, quarterly reports as assigned. Analysis of reports includes identifying discrepancies or unexpected changes in reported information and investigating the changes with the licensee.
- Manage an assigned group of licensee accounts to ensure license fees and reports are received on time.
- Responsible for detailed account data entry with respect to customer reports, payment tracking, accounts receivable, write offs, refunds, etc.
- Work within a cross functional team environment including Distribution Operations and Operational Audit
Participate in team and departmental projects and meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral in both English and French
- Strong accounting and financial skills
- Customer service/care experience
- Accounts Receivable/Collection experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self starter and motivated to excel
- Computer literacy, required: MS Office
- Results oriented
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented
- Analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- High school diploma
- Post secondary education is an asset
Selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of skills with those required for this position.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site and submit their resume to be considered for this role. Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on life at SOCAN please visit the following link.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. Please direct any accommodation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Canada’s largest rights management organization, we connect more than four million creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada alone. More than 150,000 songwriters, composers, music publishers and
visual artists are our direct members, and more than 100,000 organizations are licensed to play music across the country. We issue licenses for the performance and reproduction of music as well as for the reproduction of visual art. SOCAN serves and champions music creators, music publishers, and visual artists. We advocate for them, and we work to defend and protect their rights, so that they can be compensated for their hard work – the music we all love to listen to, and the artistic work that we appreciate, love and prosper from spiritually to economically.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada