Part Time Switchboard Operator/ Valet Attendant
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain; Located in the heart of Kanata Research Park.
We are in search of a sensational candidate to fill a hybrid role in our Guest Services Team working as a Switchboard Operator and a Valet Attendant!
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
Switchboard Operator (Star Service Partner)
- Handle all Guest requests promptly and efficiently.
- Provide information on hotel services.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the following departments: Housekeeping, Guest Services, Maintenance, Room Service and Outlets.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all departments dealt with on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate records of all guest and partners requests.
- Perform wake-up call services.
- Handle and distribute guest faxes.
- Perform emergency calling procedures.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Strong telephone skills with previous working experience an asset.
- Strong typing and clerical skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and English communication skills.
- Bilingual an asset.
- Proven ability to handle many conflicting priorities at any given time.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- A passion for Guest service and team spirit.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Career oriented with a passion to grow within the department.
- Knowledge of the Kanata and Ottawa area is an asset.
- Must be available for all shifts including weekends & holidays based on business volumes.
The Valet Attendant will be responsible for providing our guests with a positive first and last impression, and will provide consistently sensational service. Responsibilities will include handling guest requirements, giving accurate directions and necessary information to guests, assisting with guest luggage, providing assistance loading and unloading luggage from tour-buses and vehicles, valet parking guest vehicles, delivering messages, parcels and guest amenities. The Valet Attendant will explain the services available in the hotel and guide guests to the check-in area or direct them to their destination. Their mission is to exceed any expectations that our guests may have & provide professional guest service at all times.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to multitask and act under pressure
- Full “G” class Ontario Driver’s License, with clean driving record (abstract required)
- Ability to drive standard
- No criminal record
- Proven track record in customer service
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to lift heavy objects and luggage (Up to 50 Pounds)
- Must be available for all shifts
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Provide consistently sensational service for all hotel guests
- Develop a good understanding of hotel layout and be able to give directions to all units and services
- Interact effectively with hotel guests and co-workers to create a positive environment
- Handle luggage for hotel guests
- Provide information regarding features of rooms, services of hotel and points of interest in the area
- Assist guests with special needs
- Attend to group arrivals and departures
- Maintain and clean luggage storage area and lobby
- Valet parking guest vehicles
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Kanata, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, Kanata, Ontario, Canada