Full Time Brookstreet Hotel - Flex Fitness Studio Gym Shift Supervisor
An exciting opportunity for a committed and results driven leisure activities professional! The Flex Fitness Studio Shift Supervisor will be responsible for helping to deliver unique programs and activities for our guests.
Located in the heart of the Kanata Research Park; working at Brookstreet Hotel means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa. We deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Apply online at www.brookstreethotel.com/careers, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00pm-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00pm-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR Office.
Reporting to the Au Naturel Spa & Flex Fitness Studio Manager, this position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operational tasks of Flex Fitness Studio.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer celebrations, staff appreciation weeks and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of Flex Fitness Studio to ensure that the team understands and achieves or exceeds its set goals
- Assist in recruitment, training, and coaching of all Flex Fitness Studio partners
- Obtain guest feedback and handle guest issues quickly and efficiently, whilst providing highest quality level guest service
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently
- Assist in preparing work schedules and authorizing timesheets in Dayforce
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and maintain a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Assist in monitoring all new, existing and renewal membership sales sign-ups
- Assist in conducting month end reports to include inventories
- Assist in carrying-out connection meetings and planning performance reviews
- Responsible for reporting Flex maintenance issues and repairs
- Ensure that an updated equipment log remains at the front desk and that any broken or damaged equipment is replaced within a short period of time.
- Ensure and monitor daily inventory and sales of all retail products
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a gym environment is an asset
- Strong professionalism, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and be able to cooperate with other departments to foster and promote a harmonious working climate to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Highly proficient in Windows O/S and Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid First Aid & C.P.R
- Experience with V1 Accounting and Scheduling an asset
- Personal Trainer Certification an asset, Business or Science Degree/Diploma an asset
Must be able to work flexible hours open to close Monday to Sunday.
Flex General Hours of Operations:
- MON-THU 6:00AM - 10:30PM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, Kanata, Ontario, Canada