Full Time Brookstreet Hotel Events Coordinator
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking a talented, dynamic Event Coordinator. Located in the heart of Kanata Research Park, working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
In 2019, we were awarded:
- CAA 4 Diamond Award
- Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- Favourite Corporate Function Venue Faces Magazine Award
Reporting to the Head of Conference Services & Events and also working with the Event Managers, this highly motivated and driven individual will be a key contributor to the continued success of Brookstreet. The Event Coordinator will work on administrative tasks or assignments related to the events process including answering general enquiries, managing outside catering enquiries, internal events and administrative duties for the department.
Apply online, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking;
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more;
- We provide free uniforms (and we clean them);
- Paid personal days;
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family;
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café;
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer celebration party, staff appreciation week and more;
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher;
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations;
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff;
- Employee assistance program with additional perks;
Leadership development training program;
- Managing general enquiries within 30 days, outside catering, Hudson hospitality suites, internal events
- Sending daily Change Log Report, Daily Events Report, Daily Enquiry Tracking and Event Posting Report
- Sending weekly Deposits Due Report (V1)
- Printing Daily Events Schedule for 2 weeks, Booking Status Report (Prospect Bookings) for Events Team Meeting
- Various administrative duties such as: filing, printing group resumes, event vouchers, updating the Events binder daily
- Sending comment cards to follow up on event business
- Attend various hotel meetings
- Dispatch of enquiries to sales and events dependent of market
- A minimum of 1-2 years professional event planning and/or administrative experience is an asset
- College degree or equivalent experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting and multi task
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals and large groups
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Flexibility in schedule
- Ability to follow budgetary guidelines
- Working knowledge of Delphi, Amadeus Hospitality Diagramming, Visual 1, Microsoft Office are considered an asset for this position
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job and eagerness to learn.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow team members.
- Must have a good self-image.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
- Pay Type Salary
- Brookstreet Hotel, Kanata, Ontario, Canada