Full Time Brookstreet Hotel Line Cook
This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community in Kanata and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike.
Brookstreet have been awarded:
- 2019 CAA 4 Diamond Award
- 2019 Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Brookstreet Hotel
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
Leadership development training program
Reports to: Executive Chef, Clifford Lyness
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to multitask and act under pressure
- Culinary and food preparation knowledge
- 2 years’ experience within the culinary field an asset
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized culinary program/post-secondary institution an asset
- Ability to take initiative
Must be available for shifts work
- Maintaining food station within the line
- Manage the daily team production requirements using a ‘To Do List’ program.
- Support and assist in operational tasks.
- Develop new ideas while maintaining a common vision with the Brookstreet culinary team.
- Ensure a time management approach is implemented while ensuring complete tasks as assigned.
- Implement a multi task environment
- Maintain a clean and efficient environment.
- Inventory and product levels to be managed effectively.
Manage food cost and ability to work with varying products on a daily basis
Apply online, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, Kanata, Ontario, Canada