Part Time Turf Irrigation Technician (Seasonal)
The Marshes at Brookstreet brings one of the nation's finest golf experiences to the doorstep of Ottawa’s thriving business community, with a professional team that offers development golf coaching programs and lessons that ensure positive evolution in all golfers at all levels.
The Marshes at Brookstreet is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
The Marshes is a 150-seat restaurant and banquet/conference centre located on a world-renowned golf course in Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario.
The irrigation specialist, under the supervision of the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendent, is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation system(s), The irrigation specialist is required to report any irregularities in course turf quality to the superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Waters greens, tees and fairways
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water
- Repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed
- Completes requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies
- Grades and prepares soil base; lays sod; and seeds greens, tees and fairways
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris
- Occasionally supervises a small labour force for special projects, and performs other duties as directed by supervisor
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pimping systems
- Understanding of agronomy, turfgrass science and rules of golf
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Discounts on hotel stays, gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more...
- Employee assistance program
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
Apply online, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Marshes Golf Club, Kanata, Ontario, Canada