Full Time Clubhouse Food & Beverage Shift Supervisor
Marshes Golf Club is one of Ottawa’s leading Golf courses. Working at The Marshes means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver Sensational Services!
The Clubhouse F&B Lead will assist and direct food and beverage partners in providing sensational experiences for our guests.
This is a full time role that requires you to be completely hands on in a leadership role apart from your normal service duties. A supervisor is expected to be in full business casual attire, on the floor touching tables, building the guest experience, coaching our team, and leading the shift from a non-functional role. It is vital to hold our team accountable to our core values, and use our C.L.E.A.R model whenever there is a service gap that needs to be healed and rectified.
Reports To: Food and Beverage Clubhouse Manager
- Discounts on hotel stays, gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more...
- Employee assistance program
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in working in Food and Beverage
- Strong Computer knowledge
- Ability to motivate and train partners
- Experience in employee coaching and development
- Ability to work cohesively with all outlet areas & co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate various services for individuals and large groups
- Retail purchasing and inventory experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule
Ensure the smooth daily operations of the Outlets
- Marshes Golf Club Standard Operating Opening/Closing Procedures.
- Inventory of products, as well as receiving, signing for and storing products.
- Cleanliness of all areas.
- Waste control & Quality Control & Product Rotation.
- Guest satisfaction always met or exceeded.
- Conduct daily checklist inspections of all areas to ensure quality and company standards are being met.
- Ensure compliance to all Health Department and liquor regulations within the Food and Beverage Division.
- Ensure service and product standards are being met, or exceeded.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are practiced.
- Facilitate new partners with their training; Assist in the onboarding process of all new hires.
- Motivation of partners to perform at their highest abilities-through daily pre/post shifts.
- Provide support and leadership to Food and Beverage team members by fearlessly monitoring every table and every face in the Clubhouse. Act accordingly to enhance the experience, or to fix a guest issue.
- Monitor and maintain costs vs budget on daily basis
- Maintain guidelines of billing-in particular voids, comps, and returns.
Support and execute F&B concepts
- Assist with concepts and ideas to keep Marshes F&B ahead of its competition and on the cutting edge of the clubhouse industry.
- Support the implementation of new menus, special events and new service standards with the involvement of team members, while being a role model through positive beavhiour, professional demeanor, and presenting the best version of themselves.
- Assist and ensure completion of set up and events in a timely fashion and to guest’s expectations
- Conducting a daily inspection of the banquet areas including noting and advising of maintenance issues. Ensuring that rooms are set and food ordered is as per indicated on Event Order.
- Executing events and meal functions and ensuring regular quality checks with the meeting organizer and effective communication with the culinary team and banquet partners.
- Conducting thorough informative shift briefings prior to the shift and or meal service so partners are aware of entire banquet floor functions for day.
- Assigning side duties to partners and following up on their completion
Completely daily administrative aspects of department; accurate pass offs, internal email pass off, billing, & tracking sheet, photocopying of SEO’s
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Marshes Golf Club, Kanata, Ontario, Canada