Human Resources Business Partner
OUR HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM
With an enviable culture that attracts the best and the brightest, our HR team is committed to investing in our people through programs that support our business growth, create operational excellence and enable organizational effectiveness. We are energetic collaborators, strategic thinkers, continuous learners and change champions. Our commitment to delivering great results is evident in our everyday work and like the rest of or our organization we radiate our passion for aviation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, your focus will be driving people strategies that facilitate the achievement of business objectives and providing strategic human resources expertise that will enhance employee engagement, collaboration and retention strategies within your client groups. Have we caught your attention? Here’s what some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop partnerships with leaders and employees in order to gain and maintain strong business knowledge and understanding of divisional and organizational strategies and issues.
- Support the implementation and adoption of new programs by promoting effective change management practices within client groups; Drive change as a trusted partner to senior leadership and identify where client groups can invest resources to increase business performance.
- Partner with client groups to develop a strong leadership and coaching culture that brings out the best in people; create an environment that fosters high performance and accountability.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation and benchmarking through proven analytics.
- Participate in various meetings to discuss, identify, and recommend changes that will improve service delivery, provide input on organizational issues, and share best practices.
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partners and Centers of Excellence to share best practices, ensure a broad consistency of approach and cover each other as required.
- Provide support to client groups across a broad range of HR disciplines including: Talent Management, Performance Management, Disability Management, Employee/Labour Relations, Employee Engagement and Talent Acquisition.
- Provide guidance and direction on all aspects of employee / labour relations including coaching and advising leaders on the interpretation and implementation of applicable legislation, collective agreements and company policies, and supporting managers in determining the appropriate resolution to issues.
Human Resources Management Activities
- Partner and collaborate with the HR team to develop programs and initiatives that best align with the Authority’s objectives and HR strategy.
- Help to develop, implement, and execute HR programs and projects as it relates to YYC’s strategy
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the capabilities and potential benefits of current and emerging HR trends to ensure a commitment to innovation and improvement.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum five - seven years’ experience working in a HR Business Partner role; experience in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations.
- Current Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or working toward.
- High business acumen with capability to understand the business and create the link between HR and business strategy.
- Change management experience with experience in supporting business units in developing and implementing change plans and strategies
- Proficient in computer systems including MS Office, HRMS and applicant tracking.
- Ability to use meaningful analytics to help drive workforce planning, employee engagement and people strategies.
- Strategic, solution-focused and consultative mindset and approach to support the alignment and achievement of business goals.
- A strong collaborator who is skilled at building credibility and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Proactive and takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – highly articulate and able to present point of view in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior ability to manage time and prioritize while maintaining a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high energy, capable of functioning in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and often complex work situations.
- Leverages other resources, knowledge and information to get the job done.
- Demonstrates high level of judgment, integrity and sense of urgency.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, ethics and compassion at all times.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary Airport Authority, Calgary, Alberta, Canada