Salary: Authority Band 10 ($97,734 - $101,634 - $105,709 - $109,941)
The Calgary Airport Authority is committed to the environment and sustainability and operates under the guidance of a comprehensive Environment and Sustainability Management System. The programs that support the ESMS are managed by an energetic and close-knit team who collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to achieve environmental and sustainability goals. If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where priorities can change moment by moment you will fit right in with our Environment team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We’re looking for an experienced environmental specialist to support our environment and sustainability initiatives at the YYC Calgary International Airport. In this role, you will have primary accountability for the surface water quality and glycol mitigation portfolios at Canada’s fourth busiest airport! You will manage and enhance these key programs, as well as provide support and direction regarding other environment and sustainability programs including noise and wildlife management and much more.
In this safety-sensitive role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain the overall Surface Water Quality Management program, ensuring airport activities adhere to applicable Municipal, Provincial and Federal water quality regulations.
- Oversee the Water Quality Management program, including working with key stakeholders on the following:
- Ongoing operation of the deicing program,
- Surface water quality monitoring program,
- Water quality sampling in the event of an incident,
- Storm water infrastructure monitoring and maintenance,
- Manage applicable permitting and meeting required terms of permitting.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or similar
- Experience in environmental management, preferably with an emphasis on surface water quality and reporting and glycol mitigation.
- Experience conducting field work, preferably including water quality sampling and inspections of industrial facilities and making regulatory determinations for compliance with local, provincial or federal regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of environmental management systems.
- Ability to evaluate technical data to determine trends and detect potential issues including compliance to applicable regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to translate complex technical information into an understandable format for varying audiences.
- Experience in the preparation of technical and non-technical documents, and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in monitoring, managing and maintaining key components and facilities related to storm water quality and conveyance and glycol mitigation is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License or equivalent, subject to a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, prioritization and organizational skills within in a busy department.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as database applications for storage, retrieval, analysis and presentation purposes.
- Ability to secure an Airport Vehicle Operators Permit
- Knowledge of the City of Calgary bylaws related to stormwater and sanitary conveyance would be considered an asset.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Yes
- Calgary Airport Authority, Calgary, Alberta, Canada