Term Length: August 2019-February 2021
If you’re looking for an organization where you can do your best work while improving the travel experience for millions of people each year, we might be a match for you. Collectively, we develop internal and external communications strategies and tactics that advance our annual business plans. We’re driven by research, motivated by action and take pride in developing head-turning outcomes for our various business partners. We need an accomplished communicator to join us as we support a number of strategic initiatives aimed at elevating YYC experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You have one job – to engage audiences in compelling content that drives desired business outcomes. Reporting to the General Manager, Communications you will develop and execute communications plans that drive measureable outcomes. Modeling and inspiring customer-centric behaviours, you will act as a business partner by supporting stakeholder engagement and influencing through strategic communications. You are comfortable driving change by leveraging communications best practices, synthesizing complex information into compelling stories and aligning with organizational strategy. This position requires strategic thinking, project management expertise, exemplary writing, editing and presentation skills.
• Partner with leaders and other internal clients to understand their unique business and communications needs.
• Create and implement plans for a variety of audiences and platforms designed to engage, inform and influence.
• Work collaboratively as a trusted advisor and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Track outcomes and ensure continuous improvement through the development of SMART goals and objectives.
• Ensure high-quality standards are upheld and reflect YYC brand voice, tone, and style in communications products.
• Research and keep current on emerging communications practices, tools and standards.
• Provide communications support as part of crisis and emergency response situations.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Post-secondary education in Communications or Public Relations.
• In-depth knowledge of communication best practices and understanding of change management principles.
• 5+ years of experience advising internal clients and implementing enterprise-wide communications plans and tactics.
• English/French bilingual candidates preferred.
• Proven experience building business partner relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Outcome-oriented mindset with comprehensive understanding of storytelling in digital and traditional platforms.
• Proactive work ethic and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills; French is an asset.
• Aptitude for continuous learning and development.
• Strategic thinking, project management and strong consulting skills.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary Airport Authority, Calgary, Alberta, Canada