Winter - Ski Patrol
To provide for and ensure a reasonably safe skiing environment. To provide on mountain first aid assistance and evacuation, skier safety, search and rescue support, trail work, lift evacuation, equipment maintenance, and other assigned duties. Each task requires a high level of decision making.
- First aid assessment, treatment and evacuation.
- Perform detailed incident investigation procedure, preservation of the facts, forms and records.
- Establish a reasonably safe skiing environment; ie. Trail checks, trail openings/closings, early season preparation, bootpacking, maintenance, obstacle marking, signage, sweeps, and special race preparation.
- Be familiar with the terrain at Panorama Mountain where avalanche search and rescue is likely.
- Be responsible for evacuation of people from the lift in the event of a breakdown.
- Enforcement of Alpine Responsibility Code
- Visible to the public for skier information.
- Preventive maintenance inspections of equipment
- Ability to respond to varying emergency situations
- Responsibility for Others:
- Accountability for the care and safety of the skiing public as well as all other Panorama Mountain Village employees on the Mountain.
- Dispatcher records tasks for a given work day to include incident response, tasks, snow safety, general work, and special projects.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 80+ hour Outdoor Emergency Care Certificate (OEC)
- Previous patrolling experience or previously employed by Panorama Mountain Village, mountaineering experience and previous medical training an asset.
- Must be able to lift and carry toboggans weighing as much as 60 lbs.
- Other tasks include skiing in difficult conditions, working in cold and often inclement conditions, high elevations, carrying and transporting unwieldy materials such as tower pads, medical equipment, etc.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly in order to hear beacon signals and skiers requesting assistance, and for communication to occur using radios and telephones.
- Must be an advanced skier or better
- Job Family Ski Patrol 3065
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Monday, November 4, 2019
- Job End Date Monday, April 13, 2020
- Panorama Mountain Village, PANORAMA, British Columbia, Canada