Machine Operator I (Digital Print)
Supervisor, Digital Print
Shift: Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
The machine operator follows a detailed schedule of the jobs to be printed and completed in a specific time frame according to the clients service level agreements (SLA‘s), processes these jobs on cut sheet, continuous equipment with pre and post equipment, and /or finishing equipment following all prescribed procedures by checking sample books and instructions provided and performing all required quality checks.
- Follow a specified schedule to retrieve correct orders and following correct procedure to print jobs
- Run all cut sheet, digital continuous printers, cutters and folders
- Responsible to submit the correct job files to printers according to the job production logs and stats pages
- Burst and fold the output following specific procedures
- Ensure VIP’s take priority
- Verify the set up against the Sample binders prior to printing
- Responsible for machine setup, minor adjustments
- Responsible for basic operator maintenance and consumable handling related to running and maintaining equipment
- Able to trouble shoot, make service calls and fill out service logs for tracking purposes, when necessary
- Sign and Scan out jobs and ensure proper work flow is followed
- Quality Control checking to ensure jobs are correct, in right sequential order and balanced
- Ensure all blanks and headers are pulled from jobs
- Responsible to fill out color coded tags as required
- Escalate to lead as required on quality or production issues
- Cover off communication to operator at shift handover on jobs and any issues encountered
- Fill out daily production logs
- Responsible for keeping work area neat and clean and ensuring garbage is emptied at end of every shift
- Follow remake procedure and printing remakes regularly
- Assist in training new operators
- Attend DP Communication meetings
- Assist in other production related duties as assigned
- Cross train in other job functions as assigned
- Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- 2-3 related work experience in manufacturing/production field
- Experience in operating digital cut sheet / continuous printers, folders and cutters an asset
- Experience working within a digital print environment is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to run cut sheet printers and/or continuous systems with pre and post equipment
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently or as a member of team
- Ability to multi-task
- Mathematical ability e.g. addition, subtraction, problem solving
- Computer experience with file transfer software is an asset.
- Must have high degree of accuracy, detail oriented and organized
- Completed high school diploma or some post education is preferred
- Clean Secure working Environment
- Safety shoes and smock required in designated area
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Loud environment, hearing protection may be required
- Shift work, some weekend overtime may be required
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Flexible with switching shifts when required
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Type de paie À heure
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada